Be merciful

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 콘트라코스타UMC
댓글 0건 조회 1,829회 작성일 22-06-03 12:03

본문

"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."  

Luke 6:36

I had an occassion to speak with pastor recently about the status of the church and I am regretful to share that I wasn't so "merciful" towards some of the things that are going on.  Perhaps I was under the pretense of "self-righteous" and even may package my words under "it's for the church" not my self-righteousness.  Nevertheless, Jesus teaches us to be merciful...as your Father is merciful with us all.

In all honesty, to be "merciful" - there needs to be an offense.  Someone to cross the line and offend or provoke to the point where I need to decide whether I am going to retaliate.  Being offended is not liked by anyone...no one wants to get hurt...and yet that is what's required to be merciful.

God resists the proud and gives grace to those that are humble. Mercy requires humility.  Chances are when we are offended by someone, we had offended someone as well too.

When we are offended, our physical reaction burst-out "I can't believe that person just did (or said) that!"  But, soon after - once the dust settles, Holy Spirit reminds us that "That's how you are to me...I can't believe that you did what you did...yet I loved you enough to extend mercy to you...and because of that I only ask that you do the same to others."  

You want to talk about conviction...and repentance...

God resists proud because in pride there's no room for mercy.  It's not coincidence that letter "I" is right in the middle of the 'pride'.  Jesus didn't put himself first when he lowered himself to come to earth in form of a man.  If there's one person who can have the pride, it's Jesus himself.  But, he did not choose to be King of kings when he came 2,000 years ago.  He humbled himself and came as lamb of God to be sacrificed for all mankind.  That's being humble.

Needless to say I am going through serious repenting and training under God's Word these past few days.  However, His grace far out weighs the conviction as He is merciful to me once again.

"너희 아버지의 자비하심 같이 너희도 자비하라"

누가복음 6:36

나는 최근에 목사님과 교회의 현황에 대해 이야기할 기회가 있었는데, 일어나고 있는 일들에 대해 내가 그렇게 "자비롭지" 않았다는 것을 공유하게 되어 유감입니다. 아마도 나는 '독선적'이라는 미명 아래 있었고 심지어 독선이 아니라 '교회를 위한 '으로 말을 포장할 수도 있습니다. 그럼에도 불구하고 예수님은 당신의 아버지께서 우리 모두에게 자비로우신 것처럼 우리에게 자비를 베풀라고 가르치십니다.

솔직히 말해서 "자비로운" 사람이 되려면 모욕이 있어야 합니다. 선을 넘고 보복할지 여부를 결정해야 하는 지점까지 기분을 상하게 하거나 도발할 사람. 화를 내는 것은 누구에게도 호의적이지 않습니다...아무도 다치는 것을 원하지 않습니다...그러나 그것이 자비로운 필요한 것입니다.

하나님은 교만한 자를 물리치시고 겸손한 자에게 은혜를 베푸십니다. 자비에는 겸손이 필요합니다. 우리가 누군가에게 기분이 상했을 우리도 누군가에게 기분이 상했을 있습니다.

우리가 기분이 상할 , 우리의 신체적 반응은 폭발적으로 일어납니다. 그러나 얼마 지나지 않아 먼지가 가라앉고 나면 성령께서는 우리에게 이렇게 말씀하십니다. .. 때문에 나는 당신이 다른 사람들에게도 똑같이 해달라고 요청할 뿐입니다."

당신은 확신과 회개에 대해 이야기하고 싶습니다...

교만에는 자비가 자리가 없기 때문에 하나님은 교만한 것을 물리치십니다. '프라이드' 한가운데에 ''라는 글자가 있는 것은 우연이 아니다. 예수님은 사람의 모습으로 땅에 오시기 위해 자신을 낮추셨을 자신을 첫째 자리에 두지 않았습니다. 자랑할 있는 사람이 있다면 그것은 바로 예수님 자신입니다. 그러나 2000 오셨을 만왕의 왕을 택하지 않으셨습니다. 그는 자신을 낮추고 인류를 위해 희생 제물로 바치기 위해 하나님의 어린 양으로 오셨습니다. 겸손해지는 것입니다.

말할 것도 없이 며칠간 진지한 회개와 하나님의 말씀 아래 훈련을 받고 있습니다. 그러나 다시 내게 자비를 베푸시는 그분의 은혜는 확신을 훨씬 무겁게 합니다.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.